How to Use:
- Take a small amount and place onto your palm (or a flat surface) as a base.
- Squeeze with your fingers to mould into a cone-like shape (approx. 3.5cm in height, 2.5cm in diameter). The shape needs not to be perfect – as long as it can stand. This can be done in a few seconds.
- Place onto a non-flammable surface, such as a ceramic saucer.
- (Wash off remaining herbs on your hands.)
- Set the saucer in a safe place, away from wind.
- Lit the cone tip.
- The herbs will burn out in about 10 minutes.
- When it has cooled down, dispose of the ashes safely.
Content: High-quality, organic, Moxa + Atractylodes Lancea, in a 2:1 ratio.
Ingredient 1: Moxa (艾绒)
Moxa is known to be a very important and effective herb used during epidemics in China over thousands of years. The smoke from burning Moxa has obvious effects of fumigating, killing bacteria. (“避秽辟邪. 是中国古代用于预防瘟疫的重要药物, 艾烟对多种细菌和病毒有抑制和杀灭作用。”)
Ingredient 2: Atractylodes Lancea (苍术)
The smoke produced from burning this natural herb is used for disinfecting spaces, cleansing the air, and also as a repellent against bacteria, viruses, insects and mosquitoes. (“辟邪气，驱除秽浊恶气。”, “早在汉代，张仲景就说过苍术能’避一切恶气’。明代李时珍在《本草纲目》中也记载了民间百姓在瘟疫流行或岁旦时用苍术烧烟以避邪气的风俗，这其实是一种行之有效的空气消毒法”) (source))
- Texture: loose floss or cotton wool.
- Smell: Rich, herbal smell smoke. Has a hint of floral fragrance.
- Atractylodes Lancea herb gives off quite a fair amount of smoke – this is to be expected.
- The smoke is non-toxic (source).
- Residual smell will not linger in the air for long.
- Refrain from deeply inhaling in case of choking on the concentrated smoke.
- One small cone (approx 3-4g) is good for approximately 200 sq ft.
- Suggested frequency: Burn once a day, or more frequently as per comfort, if there is higher footfall (of people) at the space you’re purifying.
- To preferably place at the center of the space you’re purifying, such as the middle of your living room; or close to where you spend a lot of time at, such as your working space; or bedroom.
Health & Safety Warnings:
- Not recommended for pregnant ladies, or people with asthmatic ailments, or are allergic to smoke.
- These herbs were sourced from licensed herbal medicine suppliers. There have been no negative experiences reported.
- There will be darkened, essential oil residue on your saucer after burning.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid burning near flammable objects.
- Avoid touching the saucer while burning.
- Store air-tight in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
[ Please Only Buy What You Need. ]
These herbs are precious resources produced by Mother Nature and cannot be reproduced using machines. Made Wanderful has always believed in sustainability and mindful buying. Purchase only if you are going to use this product. Please do not purchase if you are skeptical about the herbs or effects.